4.12.2011

Super Husband

Tonight Annie's Daddy is going to propose a memorial garden to my hometown. He's doing so on my behalf, in my Grandma, and Annie's Great-Grandma's memory. I had this great little idea, that the best way to honor Grandma, while making her hometown more beautiful, would be to make it pretty in the way she knew best. While Grandma Metzka was able (much longer than most!) she had a huge vegetable garden, and beautiful perennial gardens. I thought it would be so nice if we could recreate her perennial garden, somewhere in Custer Park, for everyone to enjoy. I was especially motivated when I heard random members of the community stand up at her funeral, and say that they remembered and enjoyed those perennials as much as I did. Who knew she was touching so many, I'm sure she didn't!

That said, I shared the idea with Daddy, and he has run with it. He came with me for the site visit, helped me choose a location, helped me scribble out a plan -- and he's since taken over all of the dirty work. He's made the phone calls, done the research, finalized the presentation, printed up the handouts...and will even be delivering the proposal to the township. (I had a conflict with date, I won't even BE there!)

And it's not like Daddy doesn't have anything else to do, like get his own work done, side projects, deal with sewer back ups, plumbers, dead car batteries, yard work, meetings of his own, and of course, the same sleepless nights we both share while Annie has been sick.

I didn't accidentally marry this guy ;) I knew he was amazing. But day after day, and year after year, he proves to be the strongest, most loving person I know. I can't even begin to show my appreciation for all that you do for us Jeremy. Annie and I love you so very much. We are so lucky to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment