5.09.2011

Mother's Day Weekend 2011

What a busy mother's day weekend!  We started it off at Starved Rock for the big Grant's Wish fundraiser, and then spent a busy day with Grandma Meek & Grandma Fitzpatrick on Sunday.  What a gorgeous day!  It was so nice to spend time with family.  We made a special trip over to Great Grandma's future memorial garden, where Jeremy started to lay out the bed lines and we checked out what sort of soil we'd be dealing with.  It was such a perfect time to be there, beautiful, sunny day, and the crabapples near the cemetery were in full bloom - such an ideal setting!  I was also able to get over to her yard and get a few of her perennials that she'd been after me to take for years.  It was SUCH a fabulous feeling to get home last night with the iris, phlox, and columbine, and tuck them into our garden knowing they were grandma's, and now they're mine...and they just keep on bloomin!  So symbolic!  I love you Grandmas, I love you Mom, and I love being Mommy :)  Happy Mother's Day!



My Mother's Day present :)

Annabelle and her Grammys

Mother's Day Cupcakes!

Annie & Grammy M across from Great Grandma's Memorial Garden site

Annie getting to work on her Great Grammy's Garden

In the future memorial garden

Annie passing time at the poker run honking Grammy's horn

Grant's Wish Poker Run site

21 months old...this is the first french fry to pass my baby's lips...she spit it out.

Mother's Day flowers from my fabulous family!  <3

The super cute chair we'll never buy :p

No comments:

Post a Comment