9.05.2011

August turns into September around here...

Annie & Avery date at the Arboretum this August.

Maddy & Annie play date in the toy box.

Painting with Grammy Fitz

Visit to Lacon (that's Mommy's John Deere!)

Riding on the real JD with Grammy & Grandpa Meek

Picking veggies in the Garden with Grammy M

Ahh...memories.  This year I planted 4 o'clocks because I always remembered planting them and gathering the seeds for the next season with Annie's Great Grandma Fitzpatrick.  This was my first year growing them.  Annie and I grew them from seed, and just today, noticed the spent flowers were putting out seeds!  So I showed Annie how to look for those tiny little "grenade" looking seeds nestled in the flowers and we gathered them up - just like the good ol' days.

4 o'clock seeds

I don't know why, but I always thought this was the greatest chore...finding all those little seeds in the 4 o'clock  flowers and putting them into Grandma's cup for the next year -- like a little treasure hunt :)  Annie had a great time gathering them as well, although I think we dropped more that we gathered...


Oh and by the way...Annie has some news ;)  Time to start sharing the spotlight on our Mini-Meek blog...Mini-Meek the sequel has already started...14 weeks of fetal captivity thus far...we expect things to get a little more crowded around here March 7th 2012
 
We can't get enough of hiking Starved Rock...another trip this week.

Great canyon Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment