10.01.2012

There are many gifts we give our children, love, of course being number one.
Among the other potential gifts we can give, more people to love and be loved by, must be up there somewhere. Today – high fives to all those siblings out there.
I am half oldest child, and half only child. These past few weeks, I have been the only child mostly. When my Momma is seriously sick – it’s me with that pit in my stomach, the head pounding nerves and general concern about doing the right thing, at the right time. It could be a lonely feeling, being an only child at times like this.
Unless of course, Momma has siblings. While I may not be one of two, or more…my mother is number five of seven. When she needs help, she has an army of sisters, a team of family, right there with me making sure all is well. I can never get over the power of numbers, and seamless way everyone immediately appears to stand in, pick up things, make phone calls, run errands, and generally love in all those ways beyond flowers and chocolates.
"Many hands make light work...."  (I heard that over and over growing up watching my Grandma and Aunts bustle about the kitchen.)
I am so grateful, while my very immediate family is small, my general immediate family is huge. I have an “aunt hill” on both sides, and have repeatedly been blown away by the security of everyone working and caring together when someone is sick.
It makes me equally as grateful that Annie has Eme, and Eme has Annie. You’re welcome girls – instant partners in crime, bestfriends, confidants, and of course, someone to lean on when you need them. You’re still so small with so much ahead, but already I know you will be incredible buddies and I’m so proud of you! Almost makes me want to make more of you…almost ;)

Grandma Fitz is going to get healthy very soon and get back to these two cuties!  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment