1.07.2015

Before we start this new year:


Closing 2014 brings so many emotions around here this year.  We've had some of the greatest highs and some of the lowest lows, I feel as if I haven't had the chance to appropriately experience any of them.  I even considered skipping this post, as if not acknowledging the entire year, would make the few tough times disappear all together.  But if I disregard all of 2014 due to some rough patches, I'd be missing out on a lot of beautiful memories.  (It's hard being an "all or nothing" kinda gal sometimes.)

I've started and stopped this post so many times.

I love photos.  Let's do photos:

We took the difficult trail, we had a great time.
What a metaphor.
We took a stroll through prairies and saw sunsets like these.

We celebrated Mother's Day
We flew a kite.



We got into some sticky situations.
We helped each other.

We had some cheap thrills.

We rolled down grassy hills.
We fished, of course.

We took a medical "vacation"....

...and we made it family time...

....and we rocked it in our own little way.

We ate blueberries right off the bush.

We said hello to a horse.
We created some art.
We found a new berry patch.
We hiked here.

...and here

...and here...



...we even tried to hike here..
...we hiked in tutus too.
I witnessed the girls searching for a better view each time a summer storm rolled in.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
We picked a way to have fun every day.
A full day is a good day.
We spent some time appreciating our roots and enjoying a harvest.


Emeline ate her weight (or more) in sweet corn, and learned the value of a planting more than one seed.
.
Speaking of planting more than one seed....we welcomed our own little harvest this fall.
Baby William joined our family and filled our hearts, reminding us life is worth repeating every chance we get.

We felt very complete.
We filled Grandma's arms with love.

We said, I love you.
We read a lot of books.
We kept our chins up, even when it seemed impossible.
I can't caption this.  My heart just over flows.

Emeline sang like everyone was listening.
We took baby on his first hike.
We took a lot of pictures, because we had a lot of moments.
There's been a lot of talk about the excessive photos we take these days, social media and public sharing.  Snapping a photo of your lunch?  Please.  Endless photos of your kids walking to school?  Since when did the every day become worthy of a photo session?

What are we waiting for?  For everyone to line up against a backdrop in a stuffy dress when they're told?  If you're waiting for life's magic moments, you're missing them all.  They're happening right now, wherever you are, whomever you're with.  

Digging out a few of my favorites from this year, just reminded me how fabulous this year was.  It wasn't always easy, we didn't climb the highest mountain, jet off to exotic locales, or rescue an endangered species.  But we did appreciate each other and each day, and that's more than enough for me. 


This isn't my photo, but I think it's a beautiful, symbolic, moment in nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment