7.12.2010

Hallelujah!

Sometimes, a little good news goes a long way. Annie had her one year appointment with the eye doctor to further check on her vision and her hemangioma that is interfering with her vision. At her last visit we found that her "bad eye" was slightly improving and her prescription was lowered in her glasses. I had a teeny tiny hope going in today (and I was dreamin'!) that we'd come out without glasses and everything would be fine. But of course I've learned to expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised by anything else. Well....it turns out, Annie's vision in her bad eye has AGAIN improved...and so much so that the Doctor has decided that it's not enough to warrant glasses! I about fell over. I'm sorry, did you say she DOESN'T NEED TO WEAR THE GLASSES? Yes, that's correct, at this time, she doesn't need to wear her glasses. We need to continue patching the "good" eye for an hour a day. But at least from now until the next appointment in November -- NO GLASSES.
Now, I realize, glasses aren't THAT big of a deal. But it's just on top of what seems like a long list of health issues to begin with, so I feel like it's a HUGE victory for us. One less thing to remember and one less thing for Annie to throw on the floor and beat me to saying "no no no".
And all this, less than two days from Annie's big first birthday.
Hallelujah!
Big room, big chair...little baby!

Let's do this already!

No comments:

Post a Comment